The Lifestyle Holidays Resort is very ‘family friendly’. Personally, I recommend the Cofresi area of the resort for families with children. If you stay in a Villa, you will certainly enjoy the pool and the togetherness that the villas offer for a family, but for activities, you will want to go to other areas of the resort or enjoy some of the excursions available to you. The resort offers a variety of adults-only, family-friendly and kids-only areas so your entire family will enjoy your stay at the Puerto Plata Lifestyle Holidays resort!
There are many things specifically designed for your children to enjoy, WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL COST!
- EATING…..There are bars that make delicious frozen (virgin) drinks, in kid-friendly cups as well as snack bars at every beach with kid-friendly foods. Here are some examples of things that most kids enjoy:
– NV Beach: Really good flat bread pizza
– Harmony Beach: hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, popcorn, chips and cheese sauce, fried fish and ICE CREAM!!!
– Lifestyle Beach: Hamburgers and french fries that taste like McDonald’s (called ‘Liam’s Place’)
– VIP Beach and VIP World: Sushi (without fish, just ask), hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips and cheese sauce
– Serenity Beach: Crepes (sweet and savory), oysters, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, chips with cheese sauce or salsa (or both!)
The restaurant buffets (Pearl and Casablanca) have hamburgers, hot dogs, french fries and ice cream for kids to enjoy. At the restaurants, the staff will be happy whip up something special such as plain noodles or chicken breast if a child doesn’t care for anything on the menu. If your child has any dietary restrictions (e.g. gluten free, etc.) just tell the staff and they will be happy to offer you a variety of options or happily make something off-menu.
- BEACH FUN – vendors on the Cofresi Beach as well as the store on property sell sand toys, but if you want to save money, pack your own pail, shovel, sand molds (the buckets/molds can easily be stuffed with bath suits and other clothing in your suitcase to conserve space!)
- SUPERVISED PLAY TIME (free parent time!)- The supervised Kids’ Club for kids age 4 to 12 is at Cofresi Palm. It is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5:00 pm. Parents can check their kids into and out of the Kids’ Club throughout the day (then go enjoy the resort, taking your cell phone with you, so the staff can all you if your child needs anything). If your kids are there at lunchtime the staff will take them to the Pearl Buffet Restaurant to eat. One of the Kid’s Pools is located right outside the Kids’ Club and is lots of fun, with a curved slide, waterfalls and sprinklers.
- DISCO and WATER FUN – There are two children’s pools and a Mini-Disco at Cofresi Palm Beach.
- GAMES – The main pool in the center of the resort (near the Casablanca Restaurant) offers lots of things for kids to do: dancing, ping pong, water volleyball and games.
- THEATRE at Cofresi Palm has a cute magic show and other evening entertainment that is geared to kids. Check out the Daily News for details or ask at any Reception Desk. Don’t miss the Michael Jackson impersonator at the Colisseum.
- EXPLORING SEA LIFE – Bring water shoes for your kids so they can explore the tide pool at Serenity Beach. There are lots of crabs and other sea creatures to observe.
- You will find hammocks, volleyball courts, ping pong tables and other activities throughout the resort. Foosball tables are just outside of Tropical Reception and by the Juice Bar at Cofresi Palm.
- VIP POOL for KIDS – For mothers with young children, VIP World (the VIP Pool Area) has a giant sandbox around the pool! Plus the wait staff will bring you drinks and snacks all day long. If you adorable toddler gets tired, close the curtains around your sun bed and watch them nap.
- OCEANWORLD – shows and ‘hands on’ activities with birds, tigers, sharks, stingrays, sealions and dolphins…..and much more (a one day pass to OceanWorld is included with your rental for everyone in your group). Be sure to wear a bathing suit (or bring one) and bring a towel.
- WATERSPORTS – non-motorized water sports are included with your rental. Get the current-available list from VIP Services or ask at any beach.
- EXTREMEZONE – This is a fun area recently added to the resort. It includes RockWall climbing, basketball courts, etc. Some activities are free and some require payment so check with the personnel at the ExtremeZone (near Presidential Suites).
- EXCURSIONS – There are many things to see in the area surrounding the resort. We can help you arrange for private tours or you can take advantage of the excursion services at the resort. There are excursion desks throughout the resort in the lobby areas as well as a large kiosk near VIP World. My favorites are the historic Fort San Felipe (with a surrounding park, situated on the water!), or the cable car that takes you on a thrilling ride to the top of Mt. Isabel. There are wonderful activities, to enjoy, too….horseback riding, ATV drives, river rafting/water rock sliding, zipline, or try your hand at Windsurfing in nearby Cabarete (the site of international competitions!). Fees are involved with excursions.
Baby sitting services are also available. Ask VIP Services or Front Desk personnel for help with reservations. Cribs, high chairs and roll-away beds can be brought to any accommodation. All the restaurants have high chairs.
Have a GREAT vacation!